Monday, December 1, 2008

Vegetarians? Vegans?

My friend Master Nater has a great post up on http://thinkfasthipster.blogspot.com about the whole vegetarian thing.
I think its an excellent argument as I myself do not fully understand the whole Vegetarian lifestyle and feel that these people are really missing out some of the best tasting shit around. Like fuck who doent love cuttin into a fat Rib Eye steak or a nice T Bone. Personally I will bbq the hell out of any meat or pork 365 days a year and not give a shit what the weather is like. My parents would bbq when I was kid when it was -30 and not mind. Thats what winter jackets are for, especially the down ones that are made from those precious little Canadian Geese.

When I was a kid growing up in Novar Ontario we used to raise pigs for the delicious pork that we would later eat. This is very common amongst the lower to middle class folk. The question people always would ask me is how could you kill your pets. I never really had a good answer other than well thats just the way it goes. The one pig we had was my favorite of all pets and we named it Rambo. Apparently my mom says him and I were like best friends and used to play in the mud and in the snow together all the time. I was about 4 years old when this was going down . I have pictures to prove it so I will work on gettin those onto the Web. Funny thing about this one picture we have is that when my dad and brother jeff are about to hit it over the head with the sledge I am right out there with them while my other older brother was in his bedroom crying his eyes out...pussy! haha
We also raised chickens and ducks and would eat them too. The chicken coop still stands to this day beside our cottage but the pig pen has kinda fell apart over the last 20 odd years. We grew up on a lake so we also ate tons of fresh bass and perch all summer long. My dad and grantpa and brothers all hunted Deer and Moose (in their respective seasons) and small game birds so our freezer was pretty stocked with the good shit.

I feel sorry for those that decided that they want to eat tofu or whatever the hell it is you eat. Meatless hotdogs ?? are you kidding me. thats fucked and I for one will never eat one of them or a veggie burger. I just dont get it I guess . I am all about everyone doin their own thing but I just dont understand it thats all. I am not hating on anyone that is a vegan or whatever so don't take this too seriously.

But hey if you ever have a change of heart come on up to Rock Lake and I will cook ya a mean venison or moose steak with some fried onions and maybe throw some bacon in there for good measure.

Have a nice night. All this talk about food is making me hungry. Nate are you hungrY cause you sure look it ! Gonder you will probably like this post. Send me some sweet hunting pics and I will put em up!

1 comment:

hooks said...

word, if it's all good with you i'll eat what the fuck i like, just like some people believe in god and others don't, i believe it's an outrageous blasphemy of life to use animals like factory made products, i have no beef with people like your man who raise and butcher their own meat but just how many of you who extoll the succulent virtues of chowing down on a carcass would be prepared to murder for your dinner? i became vegetarian simply because i don't like meat just like some people don't like cheese and onion crisps or peanuts or olives whatever.... i turned vegan some two years ago for exactly the reason i stated previously, i am missing out on nothing except the guilt of being a short sighted, incompassionate hypocrite who finds it acceptable to mutate an entire species of animal to suit their own purposes and completly disregard the life that has just been taken in order to give you nutrients and vitamins that are freely available from the life giving plant, how the fuck do you think they got into the meat? so yeah, kill it and gorge yourself not prepared to kill? looks like you're eating plants my friend, peace